30.7.10

OSHEAGA ANYONE??

For those of you who don't know Osheaga, I'll just assume you aren't 514 locals. And for the Montrealers who don't know, for shame you guys, for shaaaaame.

Now amongst Montreal's numerous art/cultural/film/music festivals, there's always one that stands out like a jewel for indie/electro/music lovers (note: I've actually only started going since last summer). Osheaga. It is Montreal's own little two day version of Lollapalooza in Chicago (august 6-8) or the earlier Coachella in beautiful Cali (april 16-18).

This year, we have a decent line-up of a mixture of all kinds...indie, pop, electro, rap, we kind of have it all (as every year). My most wanted bands to see are Arcade Fire, Weezer, Metric, Deadmau5, Snoop Dogg, The Black Keys, Stars, Marjor Lazer, The Gaslight Anthem, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, and Still Life Still.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know before this weekend so I can look them up please!

Photobucket

And here are some pictures I had taken last year with my then-Blackberry (RIP and fuck you the bitch who stole it) of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Karen O is by far the most entertaining female vocalist I have ever seen on stage (2 last ones are my favorites).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


...Let me just vent a little about not living in Chicago this year and missing a great line-up at Lollapalooza (whose acts consists of Osheaga's Arcade Fire, Stars, The Black Keys, Chromeo, Metric, Edward Sharpe & the Magenetic Zeroes, plus a couple more high-profile bands, in the likes of Lady Gaga, Green Day, The Strokes, PHOENIX, MGMT and some more that I would have liked to see...Grizzly Bear, THE XX, The Temper Trap, B.o.B., Mumford & Sons, Neon Hitch + their electro line-up...Empire of the sun, Kaskade, Digitalism, Felix Da Housecat, Rusko, Erol Alkan, Flosstradamus, Caspa, Chiddy Bang, Felix Cartal). And those are just the ones I could remember when I glanced the website. AAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!!!

Roadtrip next year anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment